£389 for 2 months access
1 hr 42 mins
Click the play button to purchase.
Presenter: Dr Dan Hughes
A must for anyone working to support parents in school or other settings
About this webinar
If you are working to support parents in your school or other setting, this webinar is a must. It will give you a wealth of ways to be, and what to say that you can pass on to parents, all demonstrating a beautiful way of being together. When PACE (play acceptance, curiosity and empathy) is mastered as a parent’s main mode of relating it brings secure attachment in the child and a family atmosphere that is calm and deeply satisfying as opposed to blighted with stress, arguments, people being in separate rooms/on their devices and/or in cold withdrawal, often for hours.
In the webinar, Dan addresses how to stay engaged with a child or young person even in very stressful situations. Through role play he beautifully models a PACE response in the face of the most challenging of behaviours, when a parent’s first instinct is often to move into anger and control. The following are also addressed in the webinar: Dan will demonstrate how PACE brings connection and closeness, whereas ‘power over’ parent- child interactions are guaranteed to sever connection and to engender flight, flight, or freeze behaviour in the child.
Benefits from attending:
Learn how to support parents to:
- Stay empathic and regulated with a distressed, angry and/or hating child
- Put down boundaries and give consequences in a paceful way
- Regulate themselves in the face of a child or young person’s shocking and/or frightening behaviour
- Regain PACE when their fear is blocking their affection and curiosity so the pull is to resort to power and control
- Give structure and supervision with traumatised children
- Enjoy their child in the most delightful ways bringing true emotional connection and deeply enriching times for both