A selection of previous bespoke presentations given by our team
Working effectively with Traumatised Children/Trauma Informed Care/Trauma Informed Schools
One of our most requested presentations; trauma is a subject which affects children and young people on such a deep level. These interventions will help you reach out to the most defended children and young people, helping them thrive.
- Effects of trauma on life and learning: Interventions that work
- Helping troubled children thrive: What cutting-edge brain science and psychological research can tell us
- The traumatised child: Healing brain, mind and body. Key emotional and physiological regulation interventions
- Relational stress and relational poverty: The long term impact on the child’s mind and brain and interventions that work
- ‘Trauma informed’ schools/organisations: Why they are essential
Attachment and Loss
These deeply moving presentations will equip you with cutting edge knowledge about attachment and attachment difficulties, and the vital interventions for supporting children/teenagers through traumatic loss, separation and difficult transitions.
- The neuroscience of attachment and attachment disorders: Interventions that work
- Frightened to love: Awakening attachment needs in troubled children and teenagers
- Working with attachment difficulties, trauma and loss in troubled children
- Too much loss, too much change, too much pain: Helping children with life transitions, traumatic losses and separations
- Children with broken hearts: From loss and traumatic separations to psychological Interventions that work
Mental Health training for Teachers (a one day audio-visual presentation – with optional follow up of 12 day Certificate in Trauma Informed Schools)
These presentations days are designed to demystify mental health and empower teachers and other child professionals to know how to relate and what to say to children and teenagers who are suffering from mental health problems.
- Mental Health demystified: what is essential to know and practical interventions
- Understanding the needs of children with mental health problems and vital responses to improve learning
- The role of Mental Health Champions in schools and why they can change so much
- Life changing conversations with children with mental health problems
- Relational approaches to mental health problems in schools to improve learning
- Effective interventions, risk assessments and conversational tools for children with mental health problems
Enabling Children to Learn
These presentations will explore the latest psychology and neuroscience applied to practical interventions, which will help children overcome difficulties and give them the passion to learn!
- The neuroscience and psychology of learning difficulties: How to help for long-term change
- The neuroscience of emotion: how it impacts on a child’s capacity to learn
- How children learn: Understanding the key enablers
- Improving children’s behaviour to impact learning: key strategies
Managing Challenging Behaviour
Working with troubled children or teenagers can be de-skilling and emotionally draining. These presentations, based on the latest brain research, provide a wealth of practical interventions that will enable these troubled children to thrive.
- Transforming the challenging child: Why they challenge and how to help
- Challenging behaviour/children who cause hurting: Making the shift from behaviourial to relational interventions that work
- Challenging behaviour: Creative interventions, tools and techniques
- The emotional rollercoaster of working with troubled children: Prevention and intervention
- Working with children/teenagers locked in rage and hate: Interventions that work
The Neuroscience of Adoption and Fostering: From Knowledge to Practical Intervention
Fostering or adopting a child requires a whole host of complex and highly sophisticated relational skills. Without these, both parents and children can suffer on so many levels. These presentations will explore the latest brain research and provide you with essential tools for creating successful attachments enabling these children to thrive.
- The science and art of therapeutic parenting
- Therapeutic parenting for troubled children/teenagers: Key tools and techniques
- The neuroscience of adoption and fostering: Why its essential to know
- From surviving to thriving: nurturing healthy emotional development and wellbeing in adopted/fostered children
- The impact of trauma and loss on adopted and fostered children: How to be, what to say and how to respond
- Key tools for building secure attachments in fostering/adoption placements
Thinking about Teenagers
Teenagers have never been under more pressure, so it’s vital that professionals and parents are tooled with the latest research and skills in terms of what works! These presentations are designed to provide vital interventions to help teenagers struggling through these turbulent years.
- Teenagers: stressed, depressed and messing up: Interventions that work
- Promoting positive mental health in teenagers: Working with teenagers who have social, emotional and mental health issues
- Enabling troubled teenagers to thrive: The science, the psychology and practical interventions that work
- Teenagers in turmoil – working effectively with anxiety, anti-social behaviour and depression
- The emotional rollercoaster of working/living with teenagers: key brain science, psychology, tools and techniques
Thinking about Early Years
Neuroscience has shown us the shocking differences in brain scans between infants who have benefited from good enough relationships with adults and those who have not. But there is hope. These presentations offer ways of relating to infants and building relationships that heal, enabling children to thrive in their early years and beyond.
- The psychology and neuroscience of early years: From vital knowledge to practical interventions
- The emotional needs of infants: The science, psychology and what to do
- Neglect or Abuse: The importance of the early years and what can be done through relationships that heal
- Attachment and loss in the early years, how to heal minds and brains
Thinking about Parenting
A unique opportunity to hear the award-winning author of ‘What Every Parent Needs to Know’, Dr. Margot Sunderland present her latest thinking and research.
- The Science of Parenting: what every parent and child professional needs to know
- Healing troubled parent-child relationships
- Key interventions in getting the best out of parent-child relationships
Creative Interventions for Troubled Children and Teenagers
Through fascinating audio-visual presentation, this is a great opportunity to hear about some proven interventions, which can be easily implemented in most settings.
- Using storytelling as a therapeutic tool with children
- Attachment play as medicine for troubled children: Key tools and techniques
- Why mindfulness, attachment play, accompanied drumming and being with nature and animals heal troubled children
- Sandplay therapy to heal troubled children
Conversations that Matter/Counselling Interventions for Troubled Children
You don’t need to be a counsellor to use these healing conversational tools with troubled children and young people, and really make a difference. These days are based on Dr Sunderland’s book ‘Conversations that Matter’.
- Changing children’s lives through conversations that matter
- Helping troubled children/teenagers to speak about feelings
- How to talk to children and teenagers about the painful stuff
- Why empathy heals troubled children and teenagers
- The art and science of healing conversations with children/teenagers
- Key counselling tools and techniques for work with children/teenagers
- Empathy and emotional regulation: Why they are key to change in troubled children
Relationships that Hurt and Relationships that Heal
A unique opportunity to hear award winning-author of ‘Draw on Your Relationships’, Dr Margot Sunderland, present on the key skills needed to develop emotionally healthy relationships in families, schools, communities and the workplace. The presentations include fascinating showcasing of relationships that hurt and relationships that heal.
- How people change people for better or worse and what we can do to repair and heal
- Relationships that hurt and relationships that heal: The latest neuroscience, psychology and effective interventions
- Emotional Intelligence in schools: Making it a reality, informed by brain science and psychological research
- Bullying: What neuroscience and psychological research can tell us about prevention and intervention